Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the BC Dental Association (BCDA), the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), WorkSafeBC and of course, Dr. Bonnie. Although things have been pretty consistent in the precautions we have taken over the past several months, we continue to make the appropriate adjustments based on any new guidelines that are recommended to us. We are continuing to have all of our patients follow the following instructions/guidelines:
- Complete a pre-treatment screening & consent form
- Wear a mask into the office. Only to be removed when receiving treatment
- When possible, come to your appointment alone to minimize the number of people in the office at one time.
- Keep a social distance of 2m from other patients
- Sanitize your hands when entering and leaving the clinic
- Appointment times have been adjusted to allow fewer people in the office at a time and greater time in between patients for disinfection.
- Follow staff’s instruction and guidelines during time in the office
- You will notice our staff wearing extra personal protective equipment during your appointment. The costs of these and other disinfection protocols are considerable. Please note we will be changing a $10 per patient fee for each appointment to attempt to offset these costs.
- We are also doing our part by reducing the amount of aerosols (spray) produced during our procedures. This means that we may not polish your teeth during routine cleanings. We thank you for your understanding in this as it to enhance the safety to our staff and other patients.